The South African Students’ Congress (SASCO) will host its National Lekgotla and Political School from the 02 – 05 December 2018 at the Central University of Technology (CUT), Bloemfontein, Free State Province.
The National Lekgotla will be attended by delegates from SAUS, SAFETSA and Branches of SASCO.
The purpose of the National Lekgotla is to:
- Reflect on the state of the organization and its terrain,
- A cogent analysis of the 2018/2019 SRC elections and to map a way toward,
- Reflect on the state of NSFAS and it’s readiness for the year 2019,
- Reflect on the proposed fee increments by Universities,
- Assess the progress in the implementation of fee-free quality education,
- Reflect on corruption in our institutions (TVET and Universities),
- Prepare for the 2019 academic year,
The National Lekgotla will be addressed by the Minister of Higher Education & Training, comrade Naledi Pandor, NSFAS Administrator, Dr R Carolisson, tripartite alliance leaders (ANC, SACP and COSATU) and the Progressive Youth Alliance (ANCYL, YCLSA and COSAS).